Sometimes the world isn't as boring as it first appears...

4.01.2005

Photo 420
My cousin and his fiance are registered at Pier 1, so I took off to get
them a gift. The following bizarre conversation took place.

Me: I need to look up a wedding registry.
Cashier: Last name?
Me: Arnold, first name Brent.
Cashier: R-O-N...? [looks at me for next letter]
Me: Actually, it's Arnold. A-R-N-O-L-D.
Cashier: Oh, OK.
[she can't find it after three tries... the search for the registry
takes about 10 minutes...per try]
Cashier: hmm... are u sure they're registered?
[fair question i think... but she decides to try one more time]
Cashier: [begins typing] R-O...
Me: [begins taking slow deep breaths] It's Arnold. A-R-N...
Cashier: [looks puzzled... but then a beacon of light shines on her
face... it's the light of understanding] Arnold! I thought you said
Arno!
[hahahah I laugh politely, while thinking what the?]
Cashier: here it is...
Random Customer: how much are these?
[in my mind i fly across the counter and stab this woman for throwing
the half wit cashier off]
[Cashier breaks to check the price. Then it's back to the registry.]
Cashier: Wow! There are lots of Arnolds getting married!
["Imagine that!" i think to myself... several Arnold weddings in the
same year in a country of only 100 million people]
Me: Hmm... cool. I only need Brent.
Cashier: there are two Brents!
[HELP ME! Is God watching this? Where is some divine intervention???]
Me: the bride should be Brandi.
Cashier: there are two Brents and Brandis!
[I'm so happy she was enjoying herself, because I was dying.]

At this point she prints one of the registries and it only has one item
listed. Sheesh. So I decide to get them a gift card instead. After I
pay for the gift card - but before she gives me the card - she decides
that I need to see the other registry. I told her I really didn't care
and just wanted to get the gift card. Didn't matter - she was on a
mission! So now I'm trapped while she prints out a new registry.
You're prolly thinking what's the big deal? It only takes 30 seconds to
print a report. Wrong.

She finally hands me the registry so i can "take it home." Like it was
a gift for my trouble.

Sigh... customer service these days is so bad, but this woman was
actually trying to be nice. What could I do but just smile and say
thankyou? It was only 30 minutes after all. 30 very long stupid
bizarre minutes. :D

--rachel

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God! Where was Roger during all of this? Remember, this service is the future society of America!

9:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home